Scotland - Age at Work - Still Ready for Work programme
Online workshops to support return to work or explore a role in a different sector.
Who did it?
This scheme was initiated by Business in the Community Scotland, in partnership with Age Scotland (and counterparts in Northern Ireland and Wales), funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Where are we drawing the evidence from?
Business in the Community – The Responsible Business Network (Northern Ireland) website - Age at Work Scotland which includes details of the scheme as it is delivered in Scotland
What kind of support was it?
Resources and tools to help support businesses and individuals to become more age inclusive.
Online workshops to support return to work or explore a role in a different sector; workshops are run by businesses/organisations in partnership with Business in the Community; aim to increase confidence in exploring and preparing for the current job market.
Where did it run?
When did it run?
Who did it serve?
- Individuals who are over 50 years old, with the aim of supporting older workers to remain in or return to work
- Businesses who employ older workers
What were its key features?
- All aspects provided free of charge to all businesses and individuals
- Flexible one-hour workshops accessed as stand-alone sessions or as a full programme
- Weekly virtual Coffee & Job Club - informal, drop-in online group chat, for people facing redundancy, currently unemployed or looking to change career
- Support for businesses to be more age-inclusive in recruiting, retaining and retraining older workers
- Increased awareness of the impact of an ageing workforce and the need for an age-inclusive agenda in government, business and wider society
What were its outcomes?
Awaiting evaluation (March 2023)