Terms and Conditions
Please read about the Terms and Conditions for the Centre for Ageing Better's Age-friendly Employer Pledge.
- Signing the Age-friendly Employer Pledge (“the Pledge”) constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions from when you submit your details on this registration form.
- Signing the Pledge does not constitute any formal partnership between the Organisation and the Centre for Ageing Better (“Ageing Better”). The Pledge does not contain a monetary transaction or donation.
- A named individual must sign the Pledge on behalf of their Organisation by submitting the details on this pledge sign-up form submission. That act constitutes signing the Pledge.
- The individual signing the Pledge must have sufficient authority to make changes to HR processes at their Organisation in relation to the key pledge criteria.
- The individual signing the Pledge must complete this form with accurate information. If their contact details change they should notify Ageing Better via the employer pledge email address - [email protected]
- If the individual signing the Pledge leaves their Organisation, they should notify Ageing Better with the name of the new person responsible for the pledge and their contact details via the employer pledge email address - [email protected]
Branding and Communication
- Organisations must not use the Age-friendly Employer Pledge logo for any commercial or business benefit use outside of:
- Using the logo on print or electronic job adverts
- Using the logo on their own Careers and Jobs web pages and at external careers related events
- Using the logo on internal HR and career development communication and training materials
- Using the logo as a ‘badge’ on the Organisation’s website, email signature or other marketing materials
Where an Organisation has a specific use of the pledge outside of these uses, they should contact Ageing Better through the employer pledge inbox - [email protected]
- You may link to the Age-friendly Employer Pledge page (https://ageing-better.org.uk/age-friendly-employer-pledge), provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- An Organisation may issue media releases announcing its adoption of the Pledge.
- Signing the Pledge gives Ageing Better the right to use the Organisation’s logo on their website and in external communications relating to the Pledge only.
Acceptance and Termination
- Ageing Better will not be held responsible for the specific actions of the pledge signatory organisations in the network.
- Ageing Better reserves the right to refuse an application from an Organisation to sign the Pledge for reasons including (but not limited to):
- Activities by the Organisation which would not align with the charitable values and ethos of Ageing Better.
- Ageing Better reserves the right to remove Organisations from the Pledge for reasons including (but not limited to):
- The Organisation has not made progress towards the actions outlined in the Pledge within a 12 month period.
- The Organisation is named as being in an age discrimination case(s) or another contravention of employment law.
- In these cases, Ageing Better will first contact the Organisation to agree an action plan which would enable that Organisation to remain part of the Pledge.
- Any Organisation has the right to remove themselves from the Pledge at any time. Email [email protected]
- Ageing Better accepting any organisation as signatory does not mean an endorsement of that organisation’s activities, products or services beyond the commitment to age-friendly working policies and practices.