The National Lottery Community Fund is seeking a collaborative and strategic individual to be a Protector for the Centre for Ageing Better and the Forces in Mind Trust.
The closing date for applications is Monday 27 September 2021, with structured discussions with Starfish Search to be held in the first two weeks of October.
- Salary is £15,000 per annum per Trust.
- The role requires on average two days per month in delivery of the role for each Trust.
- The National Lottery Communities Fund will appoint the Protector, initially, for a maximum term of five years. The Protector may serve for an unlimited number of terms.
The Centre for Ageing Better creates change in policy and practice informed by evidence and works with partners across England to improve employment, housing, health and communities. Ageing Better is a charitable foundation, funded by The National Lottery Community Fund.
The Protector post is a nuanced role, ensuring that decisions taken by trustees are within the respective scope of the Trust Deeds and reached in accordance with good governance, to ensure integrity of administration and propriety of procedures. The role of Protector does not have formal Trustee status in either organisation although attends meetings and receives Board papers in advance. The role also has jurisdiction to report matters of concern to The National Lottery Community Fund or Charity Commission, as well as to contribute to an annual report and, where appropriate, identify any areas for improvement.
You will ideally be someone with unimpeachable integrity and a reputation for applying rigorous attention to detail, robust risk mitigation skills and maturity of judgement to matters of oversight and good governance. A natural collaborator, you will have highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a demonstrable interest in positive social change and a strong commitment to the values of each organisation.
How to apply
To make an application, please head to Starfish and ensure you have the following prepared:
- your CV or equivalent biographical information
- a short supporting statement that sets out your motivation for applying for the role and what you think you can bring to the role and to both Trusts.
- please tell us whether you are applying to work with one organisation or both.
The closing date for applications Monday 27 September 2021, with structured discussions with Starfish Search to be held in the first two weeks of October.