Measuring ageing: An introduction to the Ageing Better Measures Framework
This is a compendium of 63 measures, survey scales and their associated data sources looking at outcomes at the individual level related to ageing and later life.
We developed the Ageing Better Measures Framework (ABMF) to help individuals and organisations working in this area to access and utilise some of the most high-quality measures, scales and data sources looking at outcomes at the individual level. It is intended as an accessible tool for anyone who is interested in ageing-related data or evaluation of ageing-related activities.
The ABMF is a versatile tool that is useful for a variety of audiences from the private, public and voluntary sectors. You might find it useful if you are:
- A service provider measuring specific outcomes of services and activities;
- An individual or organisation working in an area to co-ordinate efforts around ageing locally looking to measure progress against objectives (for example in age-friendly communities);
- A funder aiming to ensure that funding is informed by monitoring and evaluation, therefore providing the greatest impact and value for money;
- A researcher or evaluator interested in gathering data on individual outcomes related to ageing in your projects;
- Anyone interested in the broad topic of later life who is aiming to better understand the context of ageing in the UK.